Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Whenever the phone rings when my kids are not with me brings with it the tiniest bit of fear. But I must say I was totally unprepared for today's call.

I was at work when the phone rang. It was an unfamiliar local number but this time I was so caught up with what I was doing that I didn't think twice about it. There was hesitation on the other end of the line when I picked it up, so I thought it was either a nervous job seeker or salesperson. When the person identified herself as SG's school nurse my heart stopped a little. Remember SG is the one with the IhardlyevergetsickandwhenIdoitisforabout3seconds superpower. I jumped out of my chair, keys in hand ready to run even as I uttered the words "Is he ok?"

No, no, he's fine came the reassuring voice of the nurse. Ok, then why are you calling me? Well, she says, SG's teacher sent him to me. I'm waiting for the - he was complaining of a stomach ache or his feet hurt or something. Nope. She cleared her throat and I can tell was shuffling her feet a little bit. What the heck??

So she started. It turns out my son had a hole in his sweatpants, high up on his inner thigh. I didn't notice it when I sent him to school that morning, but that hardly warrants a call. Well, apparently, when my son dressed himself this morning, he neglected to wear underwear! How the heck did my child go to school with a hole in his pants and no underwear?!? Now, this is bad enough, but my son tends to still be quite fascinated with his - er - nether regions. During the day he was apparently so preoccupied with himself that he was not paying any attention in class. He was too busy pulling said nether regions through the hole in the sweats. The teacher said she tried to discreetly correct him, but that when other kids started to tell her about it she had no choice but to send him to the nurse.

How embarrassing!! I don't know who was more mortified - me, the nurse, the teacher, or my son who had to eat his lunch in the nurse's office waiting for his father to come dress him!!

Clearly he is his father's son. I would never have done that!


A quick Gish story:

The other day SG was teasing him and saying that he was a baby. Like all 4 year olds, Gish does NOT like to be called a baby! He is a big boy and don't you forget it!!! Well, SG said "You are a B A B Y! That spells baby!" Gish calmly looked up at him and rather than fighting the point of whether or not he was a baby he said "no it doesn't."

SG: Yes it does! B-A-B-Y spells Baby!!
Gish: No, it doesn't. It doesn't spell baby.
SG: YES IT DOES!
Gish: No it doesn't.
SG: (frustrated) MOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Whoops!

If it's any comfort, I could see that happening to Itai too... Even Maya has started sticking her hands down her pants and pretending to be Itai *rolling eyes and trying not to laugh*.

3:46 AM EDT  
Blogger Lilight said...

ROFL! It will be funny someday! Just think of the stories you'll have to tell.

8:50 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home