Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

My Baby

My baby keeps reminding me he is NOT a BABY ANYMORE! He's 4 now. His birthday was last week and in our usual fashion we had 3 parties. Everyone keeps telling me how much he has matured in the last couple of weeks. Nah, he is still my baby. (I am NOT a BABY!) In fact, on his birthday, after we dropped his brother off at school he went back to the car and tried to climb into the front seat. When I questioned what he was doing he said "Mommy, I'm 4 now. I can drive." HA! I answered, "maybe when you're 5" which seemed perfectly reasonable to him. His parties were fun - especially the one on Saturday night, which was a cocktail parties for all the parents. We let the kids play in the basement and the grownups had a grownup party upstairs. I figure I'm the one that did all the work on that day 4 years ago, why shouldn't we be celebrating ME? But alas, just like on that day 4 years ago, I did all the work this day too. *Sigh.* And like that time 4 years ago, everyone came to my house and "oohed" and "aahed" over everything, brought a couple of gifts for the baby and then left me to my own devices. Ah well, it was fun.

In other news, I was superproud of my Supergerky! A few months ago he saw the movie Zathura and was so taken by it that he decided to write the sequel. He spent days coming up with the plot, writing out the outline and making illustrations (in crayon of course). He was so pleased with the final product that he wanted to send it to the movie studio. We sent it to the director, the executive producer, the movie studio and the PR firm. Well, we were thrilled a couple of days ago when he got a real live letter, addressed to him from the CEO of Radar Pictures (Ted Field) telling him that while he didn't know whether or not they would be doing a sequel, that SG is a wonderfully creative little boy with a great imagination. He thanked him for sharing his work and encouraged him to keep writing. I'm sure it was written by an assistant, but nonetheless, how utterly cool that he got such a great response from the Executive Producer of the film! He was a bit underwhelmed, but I think he will be thrilled as he gets older and realizes what that really is about and who the letter was from. Meanwhile, I wanted to bring the letter to my office for Show and Tell. 8) That's my boy!

And lastly, Gish has renamed me. He now calls me Frieda. I don't know why, he just does. It's a little weird. Frieda. Whatever.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Gosh they grow up fast... I love the driving comment. Maya's got a new aide in her classroom who is also named Maya. I mistakenly called her "Big Maya" and my own Maya corrected me - Mommy, I'm big too!

Way to go SG on the sequel and the letter. Very cool stuff.

3:59 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SG (Super Grandparents) are pretty proud of their Super Gerky, too. He's a chip off the old block, and then some (?).

As far as doing all the work in producing your masterpieces, try creating three or more.

SG (Super Grampy)

5:19 PM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home