Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

So Bad. So so bad.

That's me. A bad bad blogger. The excuse, er, I mean problem has been that now for some reason this site is behind my firewall at work. Go figure! They want me to actually do WORK at work. Anyway, that's when I usually do my posting. Who has time at home with two little ones running around.

This year is starting to get away from me. I can't believe we are pushing June already. We had a bit of a hard time last week when we had to put our beloved dog, Jack, to sleep. He had a tumor that was just swallowing his head and he really had no quality of life left. It was a tough decision, but I think the right one. It is weird for us to not have him greet us at the door when we get home, but I don't think it is really affecting the boys at all. For Gish, as long as the cat is still around, all is right with his world. SG was upset at the idea of losing Jack, but hasn't once asked for him so I think for him it is a bit of out-of-sight-out-of-mind. I'm glad that it isn't harder on them. It's the daddy that I am most worried about. He was definitely the closest to the pooch and he was the one that had to take him to the vet. It was not/is not easy.

The kids are getting ready for camp and I am getting ready to FINALLY not have a live in babysitter anymore! Woo Hoo! I can't wait to get my house back. I keep telling people, if you hear me talking about getting another live in sitter, or if you happen to walk by me perusing any sites like au pair sites, just hand me a gun, put my hand to my head and tell me that it will be much quicker and less painful this way. Seriously, I will even do the boys laundry MYSELF if it means that I don't have to have another drama queen, I mean sitter, live in. We'll just have to figure out how to make it work next year.

In other news, the boys were at their first real wedding this weekend. Well, they were at one other, of a former sitter, an aupair, who left us to travel for 3 weeks and in that time met a man, got pregnant and then married and is currently living in Rhode Island. Mind you, she left us because she was soooo homesick. That one doesn't really count though because no one there spoke English and we didn't recognize any of the food or the music. It was a typical Armenian wedding, which was great for them to experience, but a bit hard for us. This wedding was their Aunt and they had a blast! They were the ring bearers (or ring bearies as Gish called them) and they wore tuxedos, and walked down the aisle and everything. I was so proud. Especially when Gish, noting how his Aunt was struggling with the ring said very loudly, "Well, Aunt D., why did you tie the ring to that pillow anyway?" to lots of giggles from the crowd. I think all weddings need a comic moment or two.

I was super duper proud of SG when he took a microphone and read a poem to the couple that he, well, WE wrote. We practiced all day and he read it beautifully. Everyone was touched. He was really upset at first because he the DJ said he could do it but he needed to go potty first. By the time he got back from the bathroom, the DJ told him he missed his chance. Schmuck. The poor kid was crushed. You better believe that we were not leaving that affair, nor were any of the guests, before he got a chance to read that poem. Gish managed to memorize it too after hearing SG recite it all day long. The two of them were just precious. Of course, SG didn't share the mike, but at least Gish THINKS he was part of it. I was pretty puffed up to say the least.

Anyway, going to end this now before the firewall police catch me and I lose this post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home