Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

Monday, October 13, 2008

There's Good News and There's Bad News

That was the phone call I got yesterday. Do you want the good news or the bad news? Usually I ask for the bad news first to get it over with and then perk myself up with the good news, but yesterday I got the good news first. The good news is that Gish wrote his name, by himself, absolutely perfectly. No letters were backwards, it was legible. Good boy. The bad news it that he wrote it in magic marker on my pillow! Not my throw pillow, the pillow that I put my head on at night. In perfect letters. And then, just in case I couldn't read it well enough, he drew a picture of himself. ON MY SHEETS! Lovely. We didn't know whether to praise him for his work or punishing him for where he did it. It was like the time he drew a shark on my white carpet with a red sharpie marker (Gish, what is THAT? It's a SHARK, Mommy!) Luckily I learned my lesson with that one and only have washable markers now. Still. Rotten kid.

Then last night right before I put him to bed, I noticed that he left his clothes in a pile on the floor. The boys are responsible for putting their own clothes in the hamper so I told him that before he went to bed he needed to get up and put his clothes in the basket. He said he didn't want to. I said "If I were you, I would get up and take care of these clothes little boy!" He responded, without missing a beat, "if you were me, then YOU would put the clothes in the basket!" Rotten kid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home